Vacancy – Field Engineer
Position: Field Engineer
Location: Cavitas, 21 Denmore Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8JW
Reports to: Lead Design & Manufacturing Engineer
Cavitas is expanding the deployments of the THOR downhole heater globally and requires a Field Engineer to assist with this. THOR is similar in its deployment to an Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP), so experience with the deployment and maintenance of these pumps is highly desirable. The deployments will primarily be onshore but offshore experience and certification would also be a bonus, deployments are planned in USA, Mexico, Africa and the Middle East so a successful candidate must be willing to travel for the deployment period (7-14 days).
- Field deployment of the THOR downhole heater
- Work well with the Electrical Engineer who is assisting with the deployment.
- Working closely with 3rd Party contractors such as the workover crew, effective communication and good attention to detail is vital to ensure an efficient and safe deployment
- Must understand and comply fully with all procedures including QSHE and collaborating with other Engineers to improve them based on field experience
- Align with local HSE and QA assurance requirements for installations
- Ensure all equipment is always safely handled to avoid injury to personnel or damage to the equipment
- Tracking and reporting internally on the development of the deployment
- Maintenance of equipment when back in the workshop
- Maintain equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the THOR heater fits into the wider system of the completion including the artificial lift
Knowledge and competence
HND in Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering with strong mechanical skills
2 years plus experience in a similar role
Clean full UK Driving License and Passport
Good analytical skills
High attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent organisational skills
Good spoken and written communication skills
Deployment and Maintenance of ESP (desirable)
Relevant industry/practical experience will be taken into consideration
Current Offshore Safety Certification (desirable)
Display Screen Equipment – eLearning*
Environmental Awareness – eLearning*
Fire Awareness – eLearning*
Manual Handling – eLearning*
Excellent time management skills
Comfortable meeting clients
*this training shall be provided upon commencement of role