Vacancy – Project Engineer
This role will be based onsite at our Aberdeen office and open to UK residents only
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Cavitas, 21 Denmore Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8JW.
Reports to: Lead Design & Manufacturing Engineer
Cavitas is expanding the deployments of its THOR downhole heater globally and requires a Project Engineer to assist with project delivery. The Project Engineer would be responsible for technical and engineering aspects of their assigned projects. To plan, schedule, predict any potential issues, and manage the technical tasks to assure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish.
Deployments of the system are ongoing, at various stages in a range of countries, and the Project Engineer would assist in ensuring a smooth operation both in the office and workshop.
THOR is similar in its design to downhole pumps such as Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP), so interest in the deployment and design of pumps and downhole motors would be beneficial. As deployments increase, growth in the role may allow successful candidates to be part of the deployment process in the field if they desired, allowing them to see the project through from initial engagement to deployment.
- Planning, schedule, predict any potential issues, and manage the technical tasks to assure accuracy, proper resources, and quality from start to finish.
- Help co-ordinate the involved parties in their assigned project including Cavitas Engineers, the local agent and the client.
- Working with QSHE manager and Engineers to monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Working with the Subsurface Manager to ensure that the requirements from the client are exactly what is delivered during the project.
- Interacting with suppliers to make sure required items for projects are delivered on time
- Assisting in the workshop with packaging systems for shipping.
- Effective communication and good attention to detail is vital to ensure an efficient and safe deployment
- Assist with logistics such as shipping
- Tracking and reporting internally on the development of the project
- Maintenance of equipment when back in the workshop.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Growth in the role may allow successful candidates to be part of the deployment process in the field if they desired. Allowing them to see the project through from initial engagement to deployment.
Knowledge and Competence
- HND in Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering with strong mechanical skills
- 2 years plus experience in similar role
- Good analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Knowledge of downhole pumps and motors (desirable)
- Relevant industry/practical experience will be taken into consideration
- Display Screen Equipment – eLearning*
- Environmental Awareness – eLearning*
- Fire Awareness – eLearning*
- Manual Handling – eLearning*
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable meeting clients
*this training shall be provided upon commencement of role