Vacancy – Commercial Proposals Engineer
Position: Commercial Proposals Engineer
Location: Cavitas, 21 Denmore Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8JW
Reports to: Subsurface Manager – Cavitas Energy
Support and manage all commercial proposal requirements of the business. Responsible for bid, tender and proposal co-ordination, identifying adjustments and improvements for new contracts, bidding on new projects, as-well-as negotiating contract terms.
- Creation of new bids and proposals in support of client requirements.
- Provide detailed written quotations for thermal oil recovery tool.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts.
- Issue quotations within the specified due date.
- Provide labour estimates for the engineering, fabrication and design input.
- Generate detailed material lists for all quotation line items which are to be supported by supplier quotations where possible.
- Follow up quotations in conjunction with the sales department.
- Support any bid clarification phases.
- Liaise with Legal team to minimise company exposure and risk on bids.
- Review and maintain documents to ensure accuracy prior to submittal.
- Maintain the quality of products, services, customer support and level of service in-line with service level agreements and other retention strategies.
- Develop detailed proposal schedules, timelines, plans, milestones, and outlines.
Knowledge and competence
2 years or more experience relevant commercial proposals experience within the oil and gas industry.
Demonstrable track record in customer facing / sales / business development roles.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite of software.
Highest attention to detail and accuracy.
Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Comfortable presenting information to 3rd party audiences.
Batchelors degree in legal, contracts and commercial or relevant engineering degree. Relevant industry/practical experience will also be taken into consideration along with a commitment to further education.
Display Screen Equipment – eLearning*
Environmental Awareness – eLearning*
Fire Awareness – eLearning*
Manual Handling – eLearning*
Excellent time management skills
Good business commercial acumen
*this training shall be provided upon commencement of role