Vacancy – Commercial Manager
Position: Commercial Manager
Location: Cavitas, 21 Denmore Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8JW
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer – Valor Energy Group
- Recognising business opportunities and creating bids to win new business
- Ensure employees move in the same strategic direction to achieve company’s mission
- Taking responsibility for the financial management of projects
- Strategically improving, expanding and maintaining all business relationships.
- Performing direct sales and business development activities for continued growth
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts
- Remain close to all stakeholders including the Valor Group board, clients, and external service suppliers.
- Research and implement new initiatives to drive revenue, lower operating costs while maintain quality products that are competitive, all while delivery excellent customer support.
- Continuous monitoring of the annual budget and ensure that revenue/sales targets are met.
- Manage and report on the effective implementation of a marketing strategy to maintain market relevance and promote products and services to increase sales.
- Manage key personnel, clients and service providers.
- Maintain the quality of products, services, customer support and level of service in-line with service level agreements and other retention strategies.
- Preparation of monthly/annual reports and attending/presenting at board meetings.
- Responsible for the implementation of the company QMS (Quality Management System), ensuring it is utilised and adhered to while also working within and following the relevant procedures and processes.
Knowledge and competence
- 10 years or more experience relevant Senior Management or Business Management experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrable track record in customer facing / sales / business development roles.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite of software
- Analytical skills
- Highest attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting information to 3rd party audiences.
- Batchelors degree in business administration or relevant engineering degree. Relevant industry/practical experience will also be taken into consideration along with a commitment to further education
- Display Screen Equipment – eLearning*
- Environmental Awareness – eLearning*
- Fire Awareness – eLearning*
- Manual Handling – eLearning*
- Excellent time management skills
- Good business commercial acumen
- Problem-solving skills
*this training shall be provided upon commencement of role